Pickup & Drop
Terms & Conditions
- Speedyy enables transactions on its Platform between participating Users for undertaking certain tasks on the Platform (“Tasks”). That package or product to be picked-up and delivered as a task (“Consignment”). Speedyy enables completion of Tasks at select localities of serviceable cities across India (“Delivery Services“) by connecting third party service providers i.e. pick-up and delivery partners (“PDP”) who will be responsible for providing the pick-up and delivery services and completing Tasks initiated by the users of the Platform (Buyers or Merchants). The Platform Services and Delivery Services are collectively referred to as “Services“. For both Platform Services and Delivery Services, Speedyy is merely acting as an intermediary between the Users and Merchants and Buyers and/or PDPs and Buyers/Merchants.
PDPs are individual entrepreneurs engaged with Speedyy on a voluntary, non-exclusive and principal to principal basis to provide aforementioned services for service fee. PDPs are independent contractors and are free to determine their timings of work. Speedyy does not exercise control on the PDPs and the relationship between the PDPs and Speedyy is not that of an agent and principal or employee and employer.
- For the pickup and delivery services and completing the Tasks, PDPs may charge the users of the Platform (Buyers or Merchants), a service fee (inclusive of applicable taxes whenever not expressly mentioned) determined on the basis of various factors including but not limited to distance covered, time taken, demand for delivery services/Tasks, real time analysis of traffic and weather conditions, seasonal peaks or such other parameters as may be determined from time to time.
- Use of Platform and Services
- All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyers and Merchants alone with respect to products and services being offered by the Merchants. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, applicable taxes, shipping costs, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services and after sales services related to products and services. Speedyy does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyers and Merchants. The price of the product and services offered by the Merchant are determined by the Merchant itself and Speedyy has no role to play in such determination of price in any way whatsoever.
- Upon acceptance of any Task by the PDPs, the pickup and delivery services or Task completion services (as the case may be) undertaken by him/her, shall constitute a contract for services between User and Speedyy. Speedyy may, however, offer support services to PDPs in respect of Order fulfilment, payment collection and other ancillary services, pursuant to independent contracts executed by Speedyy with the PDPs.
- Speedyy does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of the Merchants. You are advised to independently verify the bona fides of any particular Merchant that you choose to deal with on the Platform and use your best judgment on that behalf. All Merchant offers and third-party offers are subject to respective party terms and conditions. Speedyy takes no responsibility for such offers.
- Speedyy neither make any representation or warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, saleability, etc.) of the products or services proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased nor does implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any products or services on the Platform. Speedyy accepts no liability for any errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or third parties.
- Speedyy does not make any representation or warranty with respect to any aspect of the services being provided by the PDPs through the Platform including but not limited to pick up and delivery services and Task completion services as the case may be.
- Speedyy is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Buyers and Merchants, and between Merchants/Buyers and PDP on the Platform. Speedyy cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Buyers, Merchants and PDPs will perform any transaction concluded on the Platform. Speedyy is not responsible for unsatisfactory or non-performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable, fragile or back ordered.
- Speedyy is not operating an online marketplace and assumes the role of facilitator, and does not at any point of time during any transaction between Buyer and Merchant and/or Buyer and PDP on the Platform come into or take possession of any of the products or services offered by Merchant or PDP. At no time shall Speedyy hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall Speedyy have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between Buyer and Merchant and/or Buyer and PDP.
- Speedyy is only providing a platform Pick-up and drop and task complication services and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any of the products or services shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the Merchant and the Buyer. The Merchant shall be liable for redressing Buyer complaints, if any. In the event you raise any complaint on any Merchant accessed using our Platform, we shall assist you to the best of our abilities by providing relevant information to you and to enable satisfactory resolution of the complaint.
- Similar to the above, Speedyy is only providing a platform for communication with PDP and does not provide any pick-up and delivery services or Task completion services with respect to the Orders placed by Merchants/Buyers on the other such Platform as it is merely facilitating Delivery Services by connecting the Merchants/Buyers with the PDP through the Speedyy Platform. In case of complaints by the Merchants/Buyers for deficiency or lapse in the delivery services or Task completion services provided by PDP, Speedyy shall notify the same to the PDP and also assist users to the best of its abilities to enable satisfactory resolution of the complaint.
- Please note that there could be risks in dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretence.
- Speedyy – Use of the Website and Apps (Android and iOS)
User agree, undertake and confirm that your use of Platform shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- User may not manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Platform or any service offered on or through the Platform. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- User shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions, as amended from time to time, of (a) the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules there under; (b) all applicable domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable exchange control laws or regulations in force); and (c) international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations (including, but not limited to sales tax/VAT, income tax, octroi, service tax, central excise, custom duty, local levies) regarding your use of our service and your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. User shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- User understand that we have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Platform) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, Speedyy can (and User hereby expressly authorize us to) disclose any information about User to law enforcement or other government officials, as Speedyy, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury.
- Speedyy shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to Users involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally against the policy of Speedyy.
- Account Registration
- You may access the Platform by registering to create an account (” Speedyy Account“) and become a member (” Membership“); or (c) you can also register to join by logging into your account with certain third party social networking sites (“SNS“) (including, but not limited to, Facebook); each such account, a ” Third Party Account“, via our Platform, as described below. The Membership is limited for the purpose and are subject to the terms, and strictly not transferable. As part of the functionality of the Platform services, User may link Speedyy Account with Third Party Accounts, by either:
- providing Users Third Party Account login information to us through the Platform; or
- allowing us to access Users Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account.
- User represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by user of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account and without obligating Speedyy to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers.
- By granting Speedyy access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that we will access, make available and store (if applicable) any content or information that User have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (” SNS Content“) so that it is available on and through the Platform via your Speedyy Account.
- Depending on the Third Party Accounts, user choose, and subject to the privacy settings that user have set in such Third Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that user post to your Third Party Accounts will be available on and through your Speedyy Account on the Platform.
- Please note that if a Third Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Platform.
- We will create your Speedyy Account for your use of the Platform services based upon the personal information you provide to us or that we obtain via SNS, as described above. User can only have one Speedyy Account and are not permitted to create multiple accounts. Speedyy reserves the right to suspend such multiple accounts without being liable for any compensation where user have created multiple accounts on the Platform.
- You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
- Users are responsible for safeguarding password. User agree that they will not disclose your password to any third party and that they will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under Speedyy Account, whether or not user have authorized such activities or actions. User will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of Speedyy Account.
- Goods and services purchased through the Platform are intended for personal use and user represent that the same are not for resale or user are not acting as an agent for other parties.
- Order Booking and Financial Terms
- Users to place Orders and upon acceptance of such Orders by the merchants, Speedyy will, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, facilitates delivery of goods or services, or completion of Tasks through PDP.
- As a general rule, all Orders placed on the Platform and Delivery Services are treated as confirmed.
- The User shall pay the fees for the pick-up and drop services as specified on the Company’s website/ application at the time of placing the request. User shall make the payment through the available online payment method provided by Company.
- Liability and Indemnification
5.1 The Speedyy shall not be liable for any loss, damage, theft, or delay in the delivery of goods or items, except to the extent caused by the Speedyy’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
5.2 The User agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Speedyy and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, or expenses arising out of or in connection with the User’s use of the pick-up and drop services.
- User Obligations
9.1 The User shall provide accurate and complete information regarding the product to be picked for the task and exact pick-up and drop locations, including any special instructions for handling the goods or items.
9.2 The User shall ensure that the goods or items being requested for pick-up and drop are properly packed and are legal, safe, and do not violate any applicable laws, regulations, or restrictions
9.3 That the contents of the Consignment to be picked and dropped are not Prohibited Items and/or are not restricted by the applicable regulations and neither User of services nor the consignee is a person or organisation with whom we or user may not legally trade under Applicable Law.
9.4 User understand, agree and acknowledge that the Services are not suitable for pick-up and drop of valuables like cash, gold, silver, diamond, precious stones, jewels or jewellery, expensive luxury items etc. (“Valuables”). If you handover such tusk, any loss / damage / theft / misappropriation to / of the consignment shall be at your risk and not ours, for the reasons mentioned earlier and without prejudice, we shall not only have the right to explicitly and specifically disclaim any liability and/or responsibility arising/accruing from the damage / loss / theft / misappropriation to/of the consignment or any contents of the consignment, but also the right to claim indemnification from you where we have suffered loss of reputation / goodwill due to your actions of breaching our terms of service.
9.5 User certifies that all statements and information provide relating to the pick-up and drop of consignment will be true and correct. User acknowledge that in case he make untrue or fraudulent statements about the consignment or any of its contents he risk a civil claim and/or criminal prosecution the penalties. User agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any claims that may be brought against us arising from the information you provide to us and any costs we will incur regarding this
9.6 User agrees and acknowledges that the use of the Services offered by Speedyy is at the sole risk of the customer and that Speedyy disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied as to condition, suitability, quality, merchantability and fitness for any purposes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by Applicable Law. Without prejudice to the above, the Speedyy makes no representation or warranties with respect to:
- The Services meeting the Users requirements.
- The Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage, howsoever caused or suffered by the User arising out of the use of Services offered by Speedyy or due to the failure of Speedyy to provide Services to the User for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to the Users non-compliance with the Services’ recorded voice instructions, malfunction, partial or total failure of any network terminal, data processing system, computer tele-transmission or telecommunications system or other circumstances whether or not beyond the control of Speedyy or any person or any organization involved in the above mentioned systems.
- Any liability for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Service offered by the Speedyy, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- The contents of the consignment consisting of any article that is a prohibited item / Dangerous Goods / Valuables even though we may have accepted the consignment by mistake or you have willingly handed it over to us without notifying / informing / declaring to us.
- REJECTED CONSIGNMENTS
10.1 If the receiver refuses to accept delivery to complete the task, we will try to contact User and agree to the next action if it is appropriate. User agree to pay us any costs we incur in forwarding, disposing of or returning the consignment and our charges (if any) for the agreed appropriate next action.
10.2 If user(s) terminates the agreement with Speedyy with respect to any consignment, user(s) shall be liable to pay Speedyy the entire fees and other expenses so incurred with respect to such consignment such as cancellation charges.
- Service Provider Obligations
11.1 The Speedyy shall make reasonable efforts to assign a Service Provider to fulfill the User’s request for pick-up and drop services.
11.2 The Speedyy shall ensure that its Service Providers are adequately trained and possess the necessary skills to handle the goods or items in a safe and secure manner.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
12.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
12.2 Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Mumbai.
11.3 If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
By clicking “I agree” or by using the Speedyy’s online platform, the User acknowledges that they have read and understand the terms and condition for using services by Speedyy.